What is construction ERP software?
A digital tool used to streamline, simplify, standardize, integrate, automate, the construction workflow process, operations, workforce, and the resources to seamlessly manage the entire life-cycle of the construction projects from start to finish.
Who is a Tender Head?
The one in charge of planning, and framing the protocols and related guidelines for securing a contract. His roles and responsibilities include:
- Hunt for tender orders through various social media platforms, referrals and others
- Verify the norms of pre-qualification to apply for tenders (in case of huge bids)
- Analyse the capacity/potential of the company to execute the project order
- Evaluate the profitability of tender and set percentage of profit to gain from the tender
- Scrutinize the tender order in all aspects including lost bid analysis in case of tender loss
- Find potential merger options if pre-qualification requirement is not met, etc…
What is required of a construction management software to make the Tender Head’s work more efficient?
Firstly the software should have the required provisions/screes for the Tender head to work on. What are those screens?
- Tender Dashboard – Has the database of all tender documents and previous history of awarded tenders, lost bids, upcoming tenders, tenders of a sister or parent entity, etc. It provides the birds-eye view of the tender timeline from start to finish.
- Tender Approval Screen – Approve tender based on pre-qualification, merit, and potential of the company to execute the task within the required profitability margin.
- Master Template Creation – Use the pre-defined rate template to arrive at precise cost value for the execution of tender.
- Tender Working – Contains the scope of work, cost, plan, etc.., that is required to execute the tender.
- Enquiry Capture – This provision allows the end-users to capture, analyze, evaluate and draw parallel against many other enquiries from the past simultaneously in one screen.
- Site Investigation Data Entry – Collect and transmit real-time site investigation data/reports from the site to the back office for further processing and quick decision making and higher approvals.
- Work Entry – Record and analyze the expenses against the scope of work. Calculate the potential budget cap and other details regarding the finance/cash flow with regards to executing an awarded tender project.
- Checklist & Status Update Entry – Its the final verification process before the actual submission of the tender to the client. The BI (business intelligence) integrated construction ERP software estimates the values (figures and other itineraries) of the auto-generated e-checklist, cross verifies the listed items with the actual and the planned items to eliminate the manual verification of the checklist which is highly error-prone and subjected to various discrepancies. The status here refers to the decision taken at the time of submission by the client.
The benefits of construction ERP for tendering & estimation work, if put in a nutshell would look something like:
Using the Tactive construction management software, the Tender team can assign, schedule, and reorganize their plans and prospectus as per their requirements. The product is flexible enough to accommodate all the other requirements that may arise now and then. Schedule a free DEMO of Construction ERP Software to know more about its benefits to the Tender team and also for the rest of the other departments.