What is the Daily Labour Report?
The Daily Labour Report (DLR) is the document that contains the details of the day-to-day on-site activities of the labour workforce describing in detail the tasks completed, the time elapsed, budget consumed, equipment/machinery utilization, etc.
- Planned work vs actual work done by the employees on a given day,
- The time elapsed to complete a task,
- No.of employees turned for work,
- Wage rate as per work done,
- Material requirements and shortages, and many other factors…
Who prepares a DLR in the ERP software?
At the site level, the preparation of the DLR is done by the Time Officer and sometimes by the Site Engineers and later approved by the quantity surveyor before it is forwarded to the Project Manager for the monthly audit. The construction management software collects inputs simultaneously in real-time from multiple sources and presents them on a single unified platform.
The process in brief;
- The time officer enters the data into the construction ERP software
- The data is quickly transmitted to the dashboard of the Quantity Surveyor
- The QS is notified promptly. After receiving the DLR, it is sent to the Project Manager
The workflows are digitized and are recorded to enhance clarity & transparency in the operations. The DLR is important to analyse the work done by the labour workforce and their subsequent resource utilization.
Advantage of digitized DLR over Excel made DLR:
- Minimal error in the data entry
- Quick and secure transmission of data
- Role-based approvals and verifications
- Increased transparency and accountability
- They allow you to demonstrate your progress.
The Daily Labour Reports are all about meeting labour output at a low cost. When made mandatory, you’ll reduce unplanned costs and complete your projects on time with a higher profit.
Establish a better relationship within the organization using the Daily Labour Report
The DLR comes in handy in explaining to the key stakeholders the reasons for delays if any, the justification for the escalated labour wages than what was initially promised with well-documented proof of the work done.
What goes into construction ERP software for the generation of the DLR?
- Labour engagement time – Calculate the manhours, work done, and the attendance of the labour workforce.
- Tasks in progress and tasks completed – Track the details of the completed and incomplete tasks, and more.
- Safety observations, accidents, and risks – Record instances of accidents and other risks to avoid them in the future.
One other important advantage of maintaining a regular and comprehensive Daily Labour Report is that it helps in settling legal disputes related to labour law violations (wages) in a court of law provided the DLR is duly signed by the Project Manager regularly. The Tactive construction ERP software has the provisions to e-mail the DLR to the site engineers and the time officers for their review and subsequent acknowledgement that can be recorded and archived for later verification and reference.
How to enhance the services using the DLR?
DLR can be used effectively in tracking the change in the wage trend of the labours and the potential triggers for a hike in the labour wages. Apart from this, the DLR is also used to identify the key factors that may slow the working speed of labours. The DLR also monitors the miscellaneous expenses such as labour accommodation, food & beverages, safety expenses, and many others in detail so that the stakeholders can arrive at more precise decisions to cut costs wherever possible.
Tactive Mobile Construction Project Management/ERP Software:
Be in charge of your construction projects and have 24/7 real-time visibility on all ongoing construction activities via Tactive construction ERP software (mobile app).
Use the app mobile app to:
- Have enterprise-wide visibility on all projects
- Monitor and control project performance and cost escalations
- Track the usage of Labour, Plant and Machinery
- Transfer data/information in real-time through a secure network to the back office
- Control the duplication of work, data and save some additional overhead cost.
Using the DLR in the construction management software’s mobile app, project managers, foremen, or superintendents can use their mobile device to create a comprehensive report of the labour outturn for a given period which enhances clarity and the overall utility of the workforce to make faster and accurate decisions.
Schedule a free Tactive Free Construction ERP Software Demo to find out more about digitizing and integrating your construction workflow process for optimising your workforce at a low cost.